Landscape Maintenance Account Manager02.11.2022
The Account Manager will be responsible for the management of landscape operations, quality control and customer service for clients under contract with The Byrd’s Group. These responsibilities will include the staffing & scheduling of crews, training of personnel, insect & disease control, customer service and selling landscape change orders.
- Will be responsible for the planning, preparing and posting of daily work schedules to execute job functions as estimated in the scope of work and defined by the contract.
- Conduct daily meetings with assigned Foremen to discuss scheduling, work orders, equipment assignment, crew staffing and special requests. Will facilitate daily the crew departure from The Byrd’s Group office.
- Record previous day’s job schedule and verifies the accuracy of daily timesheets utilizing GPS system for employee and job information. Submits completed timesheets by 8:30am.
- Review Job Reports daily for job status, correct billing and job profitability.
- Perform administrative duties as requested to support the finance department and senior management.
- Equipment Management
- Monitor GPS system and administer corrective discipline for alert violations.
- Perform weekly truck inspections for cleanliness, damages and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Monitor equipment for weekly service schedule and report missed services.
- Participate in company sponsored training program. Provide instruction to new and existing employees on the proper use of equipment in group sessions and individual training.
- Inventory Management
- Conduct regular inventory inspections for materials used within department.
- Monitor assigned and spare equipment.
- Participate in companywide inventory counts.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and business ethic code as outlined in employee manual. Ensure all policies outlined in the employee manual are administered to employees under their management.
- Communicate professionally with prospects and clients as it relates to products & services offered by The Byrd's Group.
- Utilize CRM (customer relationship management) software to manage client relationships, promote customer retention and increase sales.
- Be proactive and develop relationships with clients through bi-weekly site visits, telephone calls and email correspondence.
- Conduct effective proposal presentations to address the concern of the client and provide a solution.
- Maintain accurate records in CRM software for customer service calls, client meetings, quality control inspections and any sales activities within their assigned territory.
- Utilize sales information recorded in CRM software to monitor sales quota: Activity Reports for Leads, Sales Forecast, and Opportunities Won/Lost.
- Perform onsite property inspections to ensure correct horticultural practices are in effect and quality control meets the expectations established by The Byrd’s Group.
- Participate and contribute to the development of educational programs offered to employees to promote quality, performance and profitability.
- Communicate regularly with client to ensure quality control objectives are being met to the client’s expectation.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all support departments.
- Participate in marketing strategies for the promotion of The Byrd’s Group business objectives.
- The annual sales goal for contract change orders is 20% of landscape maintenance contract dollars under the management of the Account Manager. Sales from change orders will qualify for a 2% commission provided the following criteria is meet.
- The Account Manager must manage all stages of the sales process i.e., bonding & rapport, up front contract, pain, budget, decision, fulfillment, and post-sell.
- The Account Manager must facilitate the implementation of the change order.
- The net profit is greater than 20%.
- Commission reports are to be submitted quarterly for payment.
- The following job functions are not subject to commissions.
- Maintenance Contracts
- Maintenance Renewals
- Pine Straw Applications
- Mulch Applications
- Irrigation Start-ups
- Irrigation Shut-downs
- Manage Sales Forecast and Opportunities Won/Lost activities with CRM software. Reports are due weekly on every Monday by 9:00am.
- Account Managers are required to perform assigned and requested duties from the office of the Operations Manager with minimum personal supervision.
- Working hours are generally 5 days a week, Monday through Friday 6:00am until 5:00pm. On occasion due to work load or inclement weather conditions work is scheduled for Saturday & Sunday. Account Managers are on call 24 hours a day.
- In addition to normal working hours Account Managers are required to attend HOA meetings, Industry Trades Shows and Sales Presentations.
- The Account Manager position will require an average weekly investment of 45-55 hours per week.
- Required reading ‘Good to Great’, by Jim Collins.
- Account Manager must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Horticulture and a North Carolina pesticide applicators license.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing commercial landscape maintenance accounts.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, phone & office etiquette.
- Computer skills and experience with software applications: Infor CRM or comparable Customer Relations Management Program, Sage 100, MS Outlook & Office, Etc.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of: customer relationship management, customer retention and sales of landscape maintenance change orders.
- Account Manager must maintain a valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Communicate in English and the ability to direct a Spanish-speaking workforce.
Compensation package will be based upon experience. Our benefits package includes: 401k program, company paid vacations & holidays, health, dental, and supplemental insurance benefits. All employment offers will be contingent upon motor vehicle report, criminal background check, drug screening, and e-Verify verification.
To forward a resume select "Apply Now."